Ok, so here we go, I'll vent about my concerns one last time and then I'll start writing about rainbows, bunnies and all that. So about me (me! me! me!)
I'm twenty five years old as of today. I live in Guatemala City, where I was born and which is the only place I've ever lived, yet there's something about my and this place where I don't think we love each other as much as we should. My native tongue is Spanish, but for some weird reason, I'd rather write in English... It seems so much easier; I think it may have something to do with having spent the last fifteen years reading mostly in English. Anyway, pardon the eventual clumsy language.
I feel like an outsider (and this is just exposition) because, half the time, people have no clue what I'm talking about, and this extends to most of my closest friends. I don't think I'm exceptionally smart nor exceptionally cultured, I just take different sources than most people surrounding me. I quote from Heathers all the time, but I don't know any one who has seen it; apparently neither Winona Rider nor Shannen Doherty are as well appreciated as I'd like.
I just quit my job. I hated it. And not having a job hasn't brought me down the way I expected, something I'm totally adding to the "you're a grown-up now" column. I'm this guy most people get eventually sick of who prides himself in his job, talks about it a lot and whines constantly. I've figured that since that is not changing any time soon, I might as well find some fascinating job so people will obligue my bitching about it. I'm currently accepting offers and ideas.
I just got my heart broken, and what hurts the most is that it doesn't hurt as much as I wish it did. I'm terribly afraid of there not being a love story for me anywhere. I want the fireworks, the clumsy first kiss, the sweaty hands, the flowers and the serenade. I want to be fought for.
I'm very afraid of not living up to my own expectations.
I will get over that.
Soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment