Thursday, December 8, 2011

About Aspirational Brownies

To say that this has been a shitty year is to understate it  (yes, I know there are hungry people and wars and all, but I'm more concerned with myself, sue me!), but this is also the year I believe I'll see in twenty-odd years and  say "So THEN is when you grew the hell up!". The past twelve months have seen me being my fittest and my fattest, my most joyous and my most gloomy, the most in love and the most willing to hate and punish. 

After this storm, which hasn't quite left, I find myself happy, scared, excited... I've come around to this place I didn't quite remember, this feeling where you look at yourself in the mirror and see yourself so handsome, so alive, so deserving of love, so capable of giving it. 

It may seem vain, but I can tell what my true feelings are by looking at the mirror, and today, I saw this tall, handsome guy, with a face that no longer belongs to a child and this willing smile, this itch in his feet to run and dance. And I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment